Product Design Engineer, we are Hiring! [Closed]
ITERATE are currently on the hunt for a Junior Design Engineer / Product Designer to join our small but passionate team of design entrepreneurs. The 6 month position is offered under the Jobs Growth Wales programme; enabling the successful applicant to become involved in development of new products from concept to manufacturing implementation.
A bit about us…
We are a start-up company based in Chepstow. We specialise in new product development and innovation management; and although we have been operating for just over 20 months, we have managed to secure a number of exciting projects. The body of our work focuses on the mechanical element of product design; however, we have forged strong ties with external electronic design engineers and manufacturers. This enables us to offer a broad range of services and in some cases, manage entire projects from an initial idea right through to manufacturing implementation. Our long-term strategic goal is to become the leading design consultancy in the UK for products associated with the Internet of Things (IoT) and actively seek to work with clients in this arena. However, we also apply our design expertise to develop industrial, medical and other consumer related products.
What’s on offer:
We are on the hunt for a BA/BSc Product Design graduate who is eager to learn and help support the delivery of our ‘live’ projects. This position is only suitable for those wishing to gain experience of working in a fast paced, commercially orientated design consultancy environment.
What we want from you:
- You should be confident, willing to challenge conventional thinking and unafraid to fail
- Able to independently work through complex mechanical design problems in a logical manner
- Have an understanding of SolidWorks and the key concepts of solid/surface modelling
- Have strong hand-sketching abilities; and ideally, experience of working with a graphics table
- Understand the basic principles of manufacturing processes such as injection-moulding
- Be well presented and able to communicate your thoughts effectively
***Please note, this position has now closed***